PLASLUBE® Features & Capabilities
Our Plaslube® internally lubricated engineering thermoplastics are formulated to improve wear resistance by lowering the coefficient of friction on the surface of molded parts. This results in extended life expectancy, lower power requirements, and reduced noise. It also eliminates the need for external lubricants on parts that may be difficult to access for routine maintenance.
PLASLUBE® lubricants can be used individually or synergistically. They provide the widest and most complete selection for lubricated resins.
- Typical properties include: excellent wear resistance, low noise, reduced slip-stick, elimination of external lubes, and enhanced abrasive wear properties.
- Other key features include: low thermal expansion, good fatigue endurance, high creep resistance and load bearing capacity, and excellent impact strength and dimensional stability.
- Commonly used in automotive, electrical and consumer durables applications. This includes door-lock mechanisms and seat adjustment assemblies in cars, as well as gears, bushings, and bearings for consumer durable and electronic products.
- PLASLUBE® materials use: polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) powder, silicone, MOS2, graphite, and aramid, among others, as internal lubricants in an assortment of engineering resins (PA, PBT, PC, POM, and more).
- Lubricants are available in reinforced grades. Glass or carbon fiber reinforcement may be used when better mechanical or thermal properties are required: low thermal expansion, good fatigue endurance, high creep resistance and load bearing capacity, improved temperature performance, and excellent impact strength and dimensional stability.
PLASLUBE® can be formulated to include, but not exclusive to, the following lubricants, additives, and fillers:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) powder
- Carbon fiber
Find a Product that Meets Your Requirements:
I need a material that has a low coefficient of friction:
Coefficient of Friction (Thrust Washer)
I need a material that has a low wear: