Techmer PM team proud to receive award for the sixth time.
CLINTON, TENN., April 13, 2021 –– It’s not easy to build a strong, positive company culture, and it’s even more challenging to maintain it through difficult times. But that is exactly what Techmer PM, LLC, has done and continues to do.
Techmer PM, a materials design company that specializes in polymer modification for the plastics and fibers industries, has six production facilities in the United States and one in Mexico, with more than 600 employees. Known for its collaborative approach with customers and partners, Techmer PM also earns kudos for its internal relationships with and among employees.
Now celebrating its 40th year, the firm recently won recognition –– for the sixth time in the past eight years –– by being named to Plastics News’ Best Places to Work list for 2021. Techmer PM ranked No. 9 among suppliers in this year’s contest and previously made PN’s coveted list in 2014 (the competition’s first year), 2016-17, and 2019-20.
In a video created by Plastics News to celebrate the winners, three Techmer employees said in the 75-second clip that the “family atmosphere” is what helps to make the company special, and they noted how all workers especially pulled together to help each other and the community during the ongoing struggle with COVID-19. The company did not lay off any employees during the pandemic.
Several company benefits focus on employee health and safety. Heather Phillips, the company’s human resources director, noted some of the perks that Techmer employees enjoy, including:
- Annual reimbursement for gym memberships and fitness trackers for employees and their dependents
- Full medical, dental, and enhanced vision plans at competitive employee contribution levels
- Free telemedicine benefits for team members and their dependents
- Company-provided health savings plan contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety recognition program that includes the distribution of Techmer Bucks, a currency that may be redeemed for gift cards or cash
- Generous 401(k) retirement program, offering a 100 percent-vested match from the first day of contribution
- Free access to financial advisory firm Graystone Consulting as well as retirement planning seminars
- Service awards ranging from $150 to $500 in gift cards per milestone work anniversary
- Ten paid company holidays
“Techmer PM is the best place to work because the workplace is a family-oriented environment, with leadership having an open-door policy,” Phillips said. “This past year has been a struggle for everyone, but our employees have helped each other every step of the way, and we are all so proud of their efforts.”
This attention to employees has paid off for Techmer, with 30% of its employees having been with the company for more than 20 years. Nearly half have been with the company for more than a decade.
For more information, visit https://www.techmerpm.com/contact/ or contact:
Techmer PM, LLC